Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Inspiration

I've been inspired to start this blog after viewing a video posted by Chase Jarvis, http://www.viddler.com/explore/chasejarvis/videos/27/
In this video the speakers talk about how you can get so much site traffic by giving people something of value for free, and what comes around goes around. Blogging helps people find you, know who you are, and explain what you're doing. When Google ranks you, what you're doing is mentioned over and over, so you'll get ranked higher than a static site.

I've watched this video about 4 times now and the nuggets I've taken from it include; providing value to a community with a common interest, turn myself inside out, be honest and share the frustration as well as the victories. It's about the human experience. Self promotion will fail.

This blog will document my painting. Hopefully I'll get in my 10,000 hours and become somewhat proficient at it over time. Here I'll share my trials and progress, and share techniques and inspirations with others interested in painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment